Sunday, May 6, 2012

Soccer Days

This weekend wrapped up a new experience for the Strong clan... we successfully made it through a soccer season!

Maybe now I'll have more time for this blog, eh?

Jacob- being his Daddy's clone- is a sports man. I knew the day was coming that we'd become those parents... You know the ones I mean, right? We've already got a minivan- the rest was just a skip, hop, and $65 registration fee away.

I have to say, I know Jacob really enjoyed himself this season. I know the rest of his family enjoyed it as well. The twice weekly practices and Saturday games spent cheering on the Cobras will be missed now that the season is over (well, maybe not missed that much now that it's getting close to 100 degrees outside... turns out there really IS a limit to my feelings of parental obligation- and it starts at 85 degrees).

Granted, Jacob may not have been the *star* of his team, but he had the most positive attitude of any teammate I've ever seen. Mr. Congeniality, indeed. He had a blast. So did we. We can't wait for the next season to start (September!!).

Enjoy these pics of the "highlights"...


First game! They didn't have their jerseys yet, so they played in white shirts... He's ready!!
Push ups! You've not seen anything as funny as a group of 5-year-olds attempting push ups. I almost peed myself from laughing...

Getting ready to kick!

Jacob's #1 soccer fan

Soccer parents!


With his medal and 2 trophies!


I just realized that I have NO good pictures of Owen during soccer season. That is probably because his modis opperandi for games was to bring a book and find a quiet, shady spot to hide for an hour... Not that I blame him- I used to be that kid...

Owen has said he wants to play next season as well-TWO kids with TWO soccer schedules?? This could get crazy!!


-Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment