Wednesday, August 1, 2012

08.01.12

Oh, hooray for August! The countdown is ON for back-to-school! The kids go back on the 27th, and this mama is seriously ready for that day to come. I have been #1 tour director / referee / nurse / punching bag / 24-hour cleaning lady for 2 whole, long months now, and while I love my kids, they need school, and I need them to go to school.

In other news, another finished quilt! This was my 1st commissioned quilt- the woman picked the fabric and the size, and I created this for her daughter's new "big girl" bed. :) She's picking it up this afternoon- I really hope she likes it.

Add caption


Close-up of the square

Detailing on the back- I did a "pebble" pattern on the borders, and a swirl inside each square

I don't think I've shared this with you all- this is my baby. She's a Singer 301A, "born" the same year as my dad, 1951. I do all of my sewing on this machine- and she is phenomenal at machine quilting! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. I am awed by your talent and attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete