Thursday, March 7, 2013

Jacob's 6th Birthday

Oh my! My "middle" baby is 6!

Jacob is my comedic relief throughout the day... I never know what is going to come out of his mouth! He is loving, sweet, funny and smart. This kid- what can I say? My life would be a lot less bright without him.

Jacob is the absolute "man's man". He loves cars, trucks, airplanes, sports, and all things cowboy! I will say that as much as Texas and I don't see eye to eye, this is the perfect place for this rough and tough boy to have been.

So- his birthday. He woke up to find balloons hung on his bedroom door (our family tradition), then I brought cupcakes to his class at their snack time and all his classmates sang "Happy Birthday"to him. After school, he came home to find a pile of presents on the kitchen table, but mean Mom made him wait until Dad came home to open them... The suspense about killed him!

I think the wait was worth it, because he said that every gift was his favorite one! After gifts, we went to Applebee's for dinner (yuck! But his choice!) and he REFUSED DESSERT after dinner! He said he was too full... I am starting to wonder if there was a mix-up at the hospital 6 years ago... Hmmm. I'll have to look into that!

All in all, he had a great 6th birthday. A BIG thank you to those who sent gifts and called him, I can say for sure that you all helped make his day so much fun. And now... the pictures!

Anxiously awaiting Daddy's return home... Let's get unwrapping!
Birthday door balloons!

Money is always a great gift!

"I love this one SO MUCH! I want to hug it!!"

This one is for Grandma Lissa... look at that face!

Yee-haw! He was super happy with the vest and chaps from Mom and Dad- he even wore them to Applebee's!
I sure love this kid. I'm so glad he had a great 6th. :)

-Kerry

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad he liked his airplanes and control tower! I love him in his western shirt, the chaps and vest! Such a great looking little cowboy you have there. I love him so much... I miss you all!

    ReplyDelete