Wednesday, June 13, 2012

6.13.12

Ah California. A quick update on the past couple of days: The Strong family has been to San Francisco... We've watched the sea lions fighting for position on Pier 39, we've marveled at the undersea wonders at the San Fran aquarium, we've taken a tour of Madame Toussaud's Wax Museum (resulting in nightmares for this brave mama- not sure if the kids were similarly affected). But the best, the most fun, the most memorable of events from our San Francisco day was the dinner stop at the San Francisco Creamery. See, we watched an episode of Man Vs Food before our CA trip- the one where Adam Richman takes The Kitchen Sink Challenge. What is the Kitchen Sink? Imagine this: 8 scoops of ice cream, 3 bananas, 8 toppings, and 8 servings of whipped cream, all served up in an actual kitchen sink for you masochistic pleasure. Well duh, we had to experience this for ourselves, are you kidding me??? I am unable to upload pics away from home, but rest assured that the experience was epic. Let's just say... The challenge kicked our collective booties. Yesterday was a trip to Santa Cruz (I <3 Santa Cruz, laid back hippie beach town- yes please!). We cruised the boardwalk and rode carnival rides for hours and hours. Owen had a couple of cousins (10 year old girls) along for the ride, and I kid you not, they rode every single ride on the boardwalk once, then twice, then over and over again. When the rides were ridden (and yes, I rode the Fireball... I am proud of myself yessiree) and our bellies were full of corndogs, ice cream cones, and fried artichoke hearts, we headed down on the beach. I had figured that it would be too chilly for getting wet, but Owen proved me wrong by immediately diving in, jean shorts, tshirt and all. Even Evelyn had a blast- after her shoes were off she ran straight for the shore and laughed as the waves lapped at her little baby toes and sucked her feet into the sand. Expect a glut of pictures after we get back. For now, I am relaxed, I am rejuvenated, my soul feels full with the sweet California sunshine, the ocean breeze, and the green. Oh the green. Thank you California for reminding me that the world is so much bigger than the arid and brown Texas sky. Turns out, no matter where I roam, I really always am a Pacific coast girl. -Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment