Saturday, June 9, 2012

6.9.12

My impressions of California, day 2: Owen swam in a swimming pool today where he was the only child not wearing a turban or speaking Sikh. Fresh cherries were bought for $1.50/lb... and they were delicious. All 3 lbs of them. And yes, now I do have a belly ache. We visited a flea market. I have never before visited a flea market. This totally satisfied any remaining desire to ever again visit any flea market again. Yup, I'm good. When you drive only 10 miles over the speed limit on I5, you get angry people trying to pass you and flipping you the finger. While honking. And presumably reloading. When you eat at a BBQ joint in CA, they still serve your plate with a slice of sandwich bread, but instead of white bread, you get a slice of multigrain wheat. Did I mention the green?? It is so unbelievably, deliciously green here. It is so very very nice to be out of TX. -Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment