Thursday, March 15, 2012

Doctor's Visit (OR... Why My Head Hurts Today)

Two weeks ago, Owen had a "breathing attack" at school. He came in from recess and began coughing. His teacher became concerned when he couldn't catch his breath, and I decided to take him to the doctor. The doctor diagnosed him with asthma and set us up with a multitude of inhalers and medicines to take.

Today, we went in for a follow-up appointment, and now the doctor thinks that Owen doesn't have asthma- as his chest sounds clear yet he still is suffering from his cough. He recommended that we take him off of the inhalers and all asthma-related meds.

SO- good news I suppose... although I would like to have a cut-and-dried reason why my kid has trouble breathing sometimes. We have an appointment now to get him allergy tested, hopefully we can find out more then.

Now, maybe you are asking... "So what's with the headache today, Kerry? The one that you mentioned in the title of this post?"

Have you ever sat in an 8X8 room while 3 children played tag?

Next time, I'm hiring a sitter for the siblings.

Wish I had taken a picture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment