Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Little Entrepreneurs

I love when my kids work together to solve their problems- in fact, I seriously encourage independant thinking. So, this afternoon, while I mowed the front yard, they worked to come up with a solution to today's big dilemma.

Problem: "I want money."

Solution: "I know, let's drag some stuff to the end of the driveway, set up shop with year old Boy Scout microwave popcorn, and have people who pass by GIVE us money!"

Brilliant.

Keep in mind, however, that we live at the end of a cul-de-sac. A very quiet cul-de-sac. Were my children discouraged? Heck, no.  They sat out there for 2 hours, and by-gum they came in the house at the end of the day with a net profit of $3.75 (and only $1.50 was from their daddy).



The boys and their "popcorn stand"
Their very first customer
Owen made himself a box and walked the sidewalk calling "Popcorn for sale! All you have to do is microwave it!"


I have to admire the way they stuck with it, and you should have seen their faces when our next-door neighbors pulled up and bought a pack of popcorn.

Of course, tonight the boys went to bed dreaming of what else they can sell tomorrow... Oh boy. I'd better hide my jewelry!

No comments:

Post a Comment