Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What I'm Doing Today

I finally *finally* finally finished this quilt. I struggled with this one for quite a while... First with the design, then the fabrics, and when I had it put together just the way I had envisioned-

I took it apart.

Yes. You read that correctly. I took the whole thing apart and restarted from scratch. And I think it worked out perfectly, don't you?

I am so in love with this quilt that if it wasn't destined for a very sweet friend, I would just "forget" to ship it. The problem is, my friend is in love with it too, so... to the Post Office I go.



And cooling and awaiting frosting is carrot cake for my dear husband's birthday celebration tonight (the actual bday is tomorrow, but he leaves in the morning for a trip to Washinton DC). We are having a crawfish boil with some of his buddies this evening... but I hope the highlight will be this yummy cake. I'm just waiting for the layers to cool, then they'll be flipped, stacked, and spread with cream cheese frosting.

yum

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy!! That cake will be yummy, I'm sure!! And the quilt... so very pretty! Love the bright cheerful colors. - Mom

    ReplyDelete