Friday, March 16, 2012

It was a dark and stormy day....

Today was awful gloomy and gray, yet I started today with a long to-do list anyway.  You know what they say about "best laid plans"?  Well, that's pretty much what happened today.  Of course, having all 3 home all week (the boys are on Spring Break) meant that we've been playing it by ear all week. 

Anyway- on our list today was a trip to Ross (discount store) for a birthday present we need for this weekend, and a trip to the grocery store (because Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards are bare bare BARE), as well as stops at the library and the barbershop for the boys.

Well, we made it to Ross. Jacob brought his birthday money from his Nana and Poppop and found this cool remote controlled car that was just the right price...



And of course, I found a little something for Evelyn... I remember having a pair or two of these as a girl.

She is *such* a girl... she loves shoes :)


And with the shoes on... She loves to have her picture taken, and is saying "Cheeeeeese!" to me

After our one stop at Ross, I said, "Ok, I get it you guys. Shopping is NO FUN for anyone" and I made the executive decision to skip the grocery store and the rest of the list for today (and that means I get to go this weekend without any munchkins. Sounds like a deal to me!).


Of course, our cupboards are still bare.  But a little scrounging around through the freezer and pantry produced a yummy Bean and Bacon Soup that we enjoyed with a simple tossed salad on the side.

Jealous, aren't ya?

Reminding me that sometimes, the best meals... and days... come about because you let all your plans go and decided to take the day however it presents itself.

And as long as you have a cute pair of shoes on, who cares if you stick to your plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment