Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter Pics

Yes, I know that Easter is very over... and I know that I haven't posted in quite a while. A thousand apologies.

Our Easter was incredibly low-key. The boys each had egg hunts and parties at their respective schools, so I really felt no pressure to do anything too special here.  The kids woke up Easter morning to find their baskets had been filled in the night, we dyed eggs, and had ham for dinner.  That's it!

It is difficult for me to be so far from my family during a holiday... maybe that's why we don't have a large celebration. But perhaps, for my children being so far from family, a big celebration is what they need. 

Something to keep in mind for the next holiday?

The field full of eggs at J's school
J's class' Easter party feast!
After O's egg hunt and party at his school, his original Easter basket finally bit the dust.  I took him to the store to replace his basket and instead of picking a ready-made one, he chose a plain one and decided to embellish it himself. Love that crafty kid!
O's eggs (left snail, right alien)
J's egg on the left, mine on the right
We call this one "Mr. Cool Guy". He's my favorite. :)
The next post won't take so long to arrive.... I promise.

-Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment