Monday, April 30, 2012

Library Fun

Baby girl and I went to the library today- this is our normal Monday event. Even though the library here is brand new and super fun, neither of the big boys like to go if they don't have to, so it has become something that Evelyn and I do together every Monday morning before we pick up Jacob from school. Owen just finished the series by Lemony Snickett A Series of Unfortunate Events (13 books total!!) and I was desperately searching for something new for him- luckily for me, the librarians are very sweet and were able to load me up with a stack of books for him to try.  Choosing books for an 8 year old boy is TOUGH. First, it's tough to find a book at that age level that is actually meant for boys. Then, my boy doesn't want a book with an animal protagonist, he doesn't like sports, he doesn't like dragons or mystical creatures... See why I was needing a librarian's help??

My library is also equipped with a number of self checkout stations, which are a wonderful timesaver. Of course, I was checking myself out one book at a time, then placing, one book at a time, each book back into my canvas bag.  After completing checkout, I noticed my bag was considerably lighter... Baby girl had been "helping." As I checked a book out and placed it into the bag, she would remove that book and slide it down the "Returns" slot at the front desk... But she was so proud of herself. It's tough to do anything but laugh. :)

Evelyn, on her way to "return" a book

No comments:

Post a Comment